Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thematic Photographic 22 --- Night


Always looking for challenging but fun photographic subjects our friend Carmi at Written, Inc. has taken us to the dark side of life this week: NIGHT! Now that is a challenging Thematic Photographic assignment!

I don't as many night shots as day shots, which is odd because I am a bit of a night owl. (Usually I am up to the wee hours processing all the photos I took during the day!) But last year during the first full moon of our new life in the country I took this photo --- well, this is the one of many attempts that was a keeper, or at least salvagable. It took some Photoshopping to pull the detail out of the darkness, but one thing was always constant --- the bright full moon.

I have learned quite a lot since, so maybe I will be able to get out after dark with tripod and a steady hand.

Please join in the fun this week. Halloween could provide some fun opportunities! Speaking of Halloween, please take care and be safe. Visit Carmi for the rules, add your link to the comments, and visit the others' sites for what is sure to be quite a different look at life. Start with Christy's beautiful black and white photo.

7 comments:

Mystic Thistle said...

Oh thank-you!

I love that cobalt blue sky. How is country life? I would love to live out in the country!

Linda said...

Ah, this is LOVELY! Mine is up, too!

me said...

Barb - this photo is you. It makes you happy to be home.

me said...

Thank you B. I have found my coping skills only included sleeping and shopping. I am happy to see you too

Unknown said...

That moon is huge and bright! :)

Baba said...

Hi Barb, wishing you a "happy Halloween'...I love my butterfly costume from Pea's party!!I am a night owl too... and love your moon shot in the dark sky....hugs, Baba

Malinda777 said...

Makes me want to go to the country :)