Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thematic Photographic 19 - Grounded - One More



I have one more entry for this week's Thematic Photographic theme: grounded. When I took pictures for the series of the raccoon's eye view, I also took shots like this one of the forest floor where the raccoons walk. These leaves fell to the ground last year, as did the acorns from the oak trees. If you kook closely you will see the caps of the acorns, but maybe only one or two of the nuts. I expect by the end of this week we will see a more colorful forest floor as the leaves are now beginning to turn color and fall.

As for the stick: yes, this city girl's heart did briefly beat wildly in preparation for flight until reality revealed it was not a s-n-a-k-e !

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I would have panicked! I'm real scared of snakes. :)

Nestor Family said...

I really like the photo of the scarecrows for your header!

Snakes scare me at first, too!

Baba said...

Hi Barb, I love your header for the Fall and Halloween.. it is so bright and colorful...I was looking closely at the ground and glad there were no snakes..have a fun day.hugs,Baba

Unknown said...

I left you some bling at my place. :)