Saturday, August 2, 2008

My first Blog Award!



Este Blog premia el arte y la creatividad
My very weak Spanish translates this to "This blog is awarded for art and creativity".


A wonderful surprise awaited me this morning from Heidi. She was awarded this beautiful trophy and passed it on to me and four other bloggers. This is my first blog award and I am very excited about it! Thank you, Heidi, for the kind words and honor. I encourage everyone to check out Heidi's blogs (Heidi's Moments, Heidi's Photos, and Heidi's Cards) as she is a talented photographer and cardmaker, too. She is also a native of Iowa, so that makes her extra special!

This trophy is extra special in light of the the criteria for awarding it. The rules are:

1) You must pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, based upon creativity, design, interesting material, and that also contribute to the blogger community.

2) Each award must have the name of the author with a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Award-winners must show the award and put the name and link to the blog that awarded it.

4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize must show the link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) These rules must be included in your post.

It is difficult to pick just 5 bloggers for this award. In just a few months I have met many talented people out there and been inspired in my own creativity. I want everyone on my Favorite Bloggers lists (on both blogs) to know that you are there because of your talents and inspiration. The Arte de Pico award is being passed to:

1. Smarmoofus for her fun-loving spirit and intriguing photography

2. Carmi at Written, Inc whose writing and photography say so much in a small space. Plus, he started Thematic Photographic which brought so many of us together.

3. Mojo because he has a great sense of humor, is honest and helpful in his comments, and always is interesting to visit.

4. What's Up Spotty Chop has a delightful blog design and I enjoy her take on her world and how she conveys it in her writing.

5. Lauri, a talented greeting cardmaker and artist who encourages me at Made For Keeps

Thanks, everyone, for making my blogging a fun experience!

5 comments:

carmilevy said...

I am deeply honored by your gesture and your words, Barb. This is a really nice thing for you to do, and I appreciate it so very much.

Hmm, now to mull over paying it forward...

Must think!

Lauri said...

Thank you so much! This is so thoughtful and generous of you!Thank you!! and I will PIF!

Mojo said...

I'm truly too stunned for words (mark the date folks, it doesn't happen often), but I did come up with 5 people I thought fit the spirit of the award. (And I may have even done all the links right.)

Thank you Barb, this is high praise indeed, and I'm touched and humbled by it.

me said...

1st Congrads on your first award! I have to tell you that when I popped over to you I thought the surprise was that YOU got the award and were just excited to share the info.

You totally deserve the award. Thank you so much for thinking of me it’s an honor.

Nestor Family said...

You DO totally deserve this award and I am so glad you enjoyed getting it!

Thanks for your kind words in return.

Here's to more blogging fun in the future! CHEERS!