A wonderful surprise awaited me this morning from Heidi. She was awarded this beautiful trophy and passed it on to me and four other bloggers. This is my first blog award and I am very excited about it! Thank you, Heidi, for the kind words and honor. I encourage everyone to check out Heidi's blogs (Heidi's Moments, Heidi's Photos, and Heidi's Cards) as she is a talented photographer and cardmaker, too. She is also a native of Iowa, so that makes her extra special!
This trophy is extra special in light of the the criteria for awarding it. The rules are:
1) You must pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, based upon creativity, design, interesting material, and that also contribute to the blogger community.
2) Each award must have the name of the author with a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Award-winners must show the award and put the name and link to the blog that awarded it.
4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize must show the link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) These rules must be included in your post.
It is difficult to pick just 5 bloggers for this award. In just a few months I have met many talented people out there and been inspired in my own creativity. I want everyone on my Favorite Bloggers lists (on both blogs) to know that you are there because of your talents and inspiration. The Arte de Pico award is being passed to:
1. Smarmoofus for her fun-loving spirit and intriguing photography
2. Carmi at Written, Inc whose writing and photography say so much in a small space. Plus, he started Thematic Photographic which brought so many of us together.
3. Mojo because he has a great sense of humor, is honest and helpful in his comments, and always is interesting to visit.
4. What's Up Spotty Chop has a delightful blog design and I enjoy her take on her world and how she conveys it in her writing.
Thanks, everyone, for making my blogging a fun experience!