Heidi at Heidi's Moment created her own meme, which looks like a lot of fun. I like Heidi; she is a fellow Iowa native and a creative soul. It's fun getting to know her. So here is a little about me using her meme. This was challenging; I had to really understand who I am to find the answers to some of the questions!
1. If there was a movie made of your life, who would you want to play the part of YOU? Unfortunately Katherine Hepburn is no longer with us, and if she were she would be MUCH older than I. So. I think Emma Thompson. I don't have an English accent, though I always wanted one. But Miss Thompson is so versatile and can play roles from the sublime to the ridiculous.
2. What book do you wish you could jump into and experience? Why? I do a lot of reading and sometimes I can relate to a character, but mostly wish I was a particular character. I would like to be more like Claire Beauchamp Fraser in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. She is a strong, determined, brave and brilliant woman who finds the love of her life on another continent in a century before she was born!
3. Who would make up your ultimate dinner party? (famous, not famous people... whoever you want to name) I'm not big on having a lot of people in the house at once --- or cooking for them. So my ultimate dinner party would be someone who can fill a room with warmth and laughter --- and can cook. Paula Deen comes to mind.
4. If you had to choose just one channel on TV to watch for the rest of your life, which one would it be? TCM for the classic movies.
5. Are you the "photo taker" or the "photo subject"? The photo taker, definitely.
6. There is a headline on the front page of the newspaper today about you! What does it say? Barb's Book Hits Bestseller List on Same Day As Her Paper Arts Company Goes Public (Ya gotta think big, baby!)
7. You have won a car! But you have to pick from the following colors: pink, lime green, baby blue. Which one do you choose to be your ride? Baby blue, tho' would prefer navy blue. Some hot graphics could give it some attitude.
8. Are you more of a singer, an actor, or heckling audience member? Probably the heckler because I have stage fright, but expect a good performance from the singers and actors.
9. The Road Runner... tastes like chicken or wise as an owl? Seeing the demise of a flock of roadrunners in the parking lot at work in Phoenix we began to wonder what that mystery meat was in the cafeteria. They said it tasted like chicken. eewwww
10. Tell us something about yourself that will make us say, "Dude, are you alright?!?!" Ok, here goes: McDonald's french fries dipped in a chocolate milk shake; pizza dipped in ranch dressing; sugar on tomatoes and cottage cheese. But the best: hot buttered toast dunked in hot chocolate and getting it just right so the toast doesn't get real mushy and fall into the cocoa --- or my lap.
In Heidi's own words: So, there it is... do try it! You'll like it!!!