Friday, July 18, 2008

Thematic Photographic 7 --- Animals II

As I mentioned in the previous post, I really love going to zoos, especially when I can capture the activities of the animals. The Phoenix, Arizona area has a couple of zoos. One of those the Wildlife World Zoo where the animals enjoy wide open spaces and the human visitors are able to more clearly see the exhibits. In some cases, like the giraffe exhibit, it is possible to touch the animals.

I'll feature giraffes later. But this story is about a zebra getting down and dirty in the desert dust. I'll just run the photos; I think you'll be able to get a sense of the fun this guy was having on a very hot day.



AAAAAHHHH! That felt soooooo goooood!

4 comments:

carmilevy said...

I can't get the zebra from the movie, Madagascar, out of my head. Chris Rock voiced the character, and our kids fell in love with him from the first moment they saw the movie.

I've never seen a zebra roll around in the dirt: this is absolutely delightful!

smarmoofus said...

I love the photo series... you can sense his delight in his roll-about. Thanks for sharing these!

-smarmoofus

Nestor Family said...

What an awesome opportunity to see an animal at ease and then to capture photos of it! These are special, Barb!

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have seen a zebra like this! Usually they are the pristine zoo photos. these are great... well done.