Monday, January 28, 2008

On the Road Again


Packed up and ready to go! Tho' it looks like we are packed for a month-long trek to Alaska, we are actually only going to Norfolk, VA and will be on the road for a week. We, being my mother and myself, are off to help my son move into his new home in Norfolk. He is a Navy officer and getting ready for a couple of years of sea duty. Just today his furniture arrived from Alexandria, VA, so we figure that by the time we get there on Wednesday he should be pretty well set up. Then we can go play! Hee hee!


The weather ahead looks rainy some days and warm-ish other days. In any case we are prepared for anything. My son also likes to take us sight-seeing, so those New Balance shoes referred to in Tuesday Tribute #3 will get quite a work out, I'm sure. Mom even got the royal treatment from Montana at New Balance and has some spiffy new sneakers.


On May 5, 2004 my husband and I were married in Williamsburg, VA, and I am looking forward to doing some more exploring in that part of the state. Virginia is one of my favorite states and I just can't get enough of it. My camera has been idle way too long so I have 4GB to get started. Beginning at my son's new home, just a block from the mouth of the Chesapeake, down the Virginia Beach boardwalk, over to Yorktown, Richmond..... well, we'll have a good time!


Git in the truck and buckle up! We're going for a ride!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You should totally post from "the road" that way we can all go along and we won't take up any room in your suitcases! Say hey to Scotty, I hear he was a fabulous host and tourguru for Dave and Bear!

Baba said...

Hi Barb, this sounds like a great trip with your mom to visit your son..Your time spent with your mom and son will be special..Take some good pictures for us to see later.
Hugs, Barb