Friday, October 10, 2008

Thematic Photographic 19 - Grounded Yet Swinging

Sometimes the ground we walk on isn't solid ground at all, but a conveyance built to facilitate our travels. The fact that it bounces and swings over a rushing stream of ice cold, piranha-invested, murky water..... well, ok just a stream -- but it can be cold. When I crossed the swinging bridge at Silver Dollar City in Branson today I thought it would be an interesting entry for this week's Thematic Photographic. Join in the fun and check out all the TPers takes on "grounded".

4 comments:

carmilevy said...

Great geometry here and a great perspective on the theme. I found myself staring at the grass in front of my house today, wondering about what qualified something to be called "ground". So your photo could not have been more timely!

Thanks to you, I think I may have a spark for a future picture. Stay tuned...and thanks!

ChrisseasCorner said...

I love this bridge! And thanks for the visit... I had to LMAOROF because guess what my daughter is?
Yep, Cheerleader~!
Luv ya.

Unknown said...

Those bridges scare me! Always have, but I must say I like your shot!!

me said...

I like the thought of traversing across a piranha like fishbowl on something held up by thread...