Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Looking Forward to A Fab Fourth with Family


For the past week we have been busy finishing some re-dos and unpacking in our new house (even tho' we've been here 9 months already) and preparing for a big family 4th of July.

My son will be back from Norfolk for a few days. My brother and niece from Newberg, OR will be here, too. I haven't seen my niece for 4 years and I can't wait to see the beautiful young woman she has become. She will be 17 next month. My sister is coming down from Iowa. It will be a very quick visit for all, but we will take any family time when we can get it.


In Missouri private fireworks are legal --- I'm not used to that. Already we've heard the firecrackers crackle through the hills --- driving my dogs crackers. My husband acquired a fair amount of noisemakers when he found out my niece loves fireworks. When my son was little he was terrified of loud noises and would cover his eyes and ears at the fireworks displays. Finally when he was six he opened his eyes just in time to see the grand finale. He was then disappointed that there weren't more to see. Of course he now loves the fireworks shows. Besides, he cruises around the world on an aircraft carrier with the jets landing and taking off on the deck right over his head. I think he has gotten over the noise thing.
Besides our nation's birthday, tomorrow is my husband's birthday so we are making sure he has a great day, too.


I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday!

No comments: