Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thematic Photographic 2 --- Snack Food

Carmi at Written Inc chose snack foods for this week's Thematic Photographic. This gave me the opportunity to shamelessly showcase a handful of pictures of my grand-niece, eating our favorite snack food, of course.


Who doesn't like ice cream!? This snack food is especially fun for kids. Remember a baby's first taste of the cold creamy stuff? Remember their full-faced expression of surprise/fear/excitement when the cold hit their senses? Then they giggle and reach for more.


On Memorial Day last month we had a wonderful family get together where I snapped literally dozens of pictures of my grand-niece and grand-nephew, 16 months old and 18 months old, respectively. I couldn't resist using these pics of my grand-niece Sienna for this week's theme of snack food, specifically ice cream.


Here Sienna is totally enjoying the creamy good stuff.....


Then the shock when a spoonful drops down her little blouse....



Whew! Got past that shocker!



Now on to the next favorite snack food: cake with green and blue frosting!



Aren't kids the greatest?

2 comments:

Nestor Family said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Barb. Hey... I am familiar with Sioux City. I grew up in LeMars, IA and we would meet family from Nebraska in Sioux City all of the time for stuff.

My immediate family now resides in Iowa City. So far they are dry, too.

I hope to stop back and see some more of your Thematic Photographic photos... these here are adorable!

Weary Hag said...

The photos here are adorable! Thanks for sharing. Little ones get SO excited when they sink their little baby teeth into something sweet and yummy.