Friday, May 2, 2008

More "Made For Keeps Originals"

Dedicated to my friends in Phoenix for your support and encouragement, though it was so hard to leave you!







In October 2007 we left the Arizona desert and the corporate world for the quieter and milder climes of the Midwest, and to follow a dream to build my own business of photography and greeting cards. I have managed to do both, but primarily photography so far. I'm happy to say that I'm beginning to see some success with both.


So for this post, I am "showing off" some recent greeting cards I have made. Many are without my trademark photos. The similarity of some are because I answered a challenge in Take Ten magazine to make cards of a specific design. To that end I submitted 6 or 7 cards. Since the magazine focuses on rubber stamping, I used more of that technique, but did slip in a photo of a yellow tulip on one of the cards. If published I will get a free copy of the Autumn 2008 issue (a $14.99 value) and bragging rights that come with being published. All that aside, it was fun to experiment with the countless arrangements of color and pattern using the same layout.





















No comments: